Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 188 - Tuesday 8th June 2009


Well an awful lot has happened since my last post, with the majority of it not being good.


My stint back eating 100% raw, as mentioned in that post, lasted all of about 3 or 4 days and then I caved in again and started eating some cooked vegan.


Since then my arthritis has got progressively worse and although I have still not succumbed to taking medication again, the pain at times has been quite unbearable to the extent of interrupted sleep. When I roll over while asleep, I find myself waking, because of the pain. This happens more than 1/2 dozen times a night.


I am still exercising, but with pain 98% of the time.


The weather is getting colder here now by the day and a lot of my pain could be associated with this, however I don't believe it is all to blame.


As of three days ago I have begun to record the foods I am eating, as a diary of food consumption, moods, pain etc... I hope to get some sort of indication if anything raw I am eating is affecting the arthritis, or whether it was strictly the cooked foods in my diet or just the cold weather without medication.


I have now been left with no choice, due to giving in to the cooked temptation. It's pain-free or painful, that it's now come down to and you certainly don't need to be an Einstein to work out the choice I made. I am back - 100% raw, again (this is now the third day).

Here, I will also record my daily eats, moods etc...
Day 1 Menu
2 Med. Custard Apples
1 Lge Dragon fruit
4 Passion fruits
2 Sm. Bananas
5 Sm. Mandarines
10 Almonds
Salad - 16 slices continential cucumber
4 cups mixed lettuce
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
2 sm. mushrooms
3 snowpeas
1/2 grated carrot
1 sm. avocado
1 lge. tomato
1 Glass Lemon Water
2 litres water
Day 2
2 Glasses Lemon Water
800g Mandarines (juiced)
450g Papaya
3 Med. Bananas
6 Brazil Nuts
4 Sm. Mandarines
200g Med. Strawberries
2 Lge. Pears
5 Macadamia Nuts
12 Cashews
10 Almonds
2 Med. Oranges
5 Passion fruits
Today's menu: (Day 3 - 100% Raw)
6 Med. Passion fruit
1 Lge Dragon fruit
1 Med. Apple
2 Med. Pears
12 Med. Strawberries
5 small Mandarines
8 Brazil Nuts
8 Macadamia Nuts
18 Slices Continental Cucumber
1 Med. Tomato
1/2 Med. Carrot
1 Stick Celery
1 Glass of Lemon Water
2.5 litres of Water
Pain: Seems to be subsiding some what since starting 100% raw again.
Not as painful rolling over in bed and can actually now lie on my side for short periods without intense pain and discomfort.
Only woke twice during night.
Still very painful first thing after waking in morning, until I do my exercises. Find it hard to get out of bed until the joints warm up and then the pain is manageable providing I keep moving regularly.
On scale 1-10 today's pain - 7.5 to 8
Mood: Feeling really tired and worn out today.
Detox has well and truly set in. Have had a headache on and off for the last couple of days and the bad wind, stomach curdling and diarrhea started today. (Oh, how I love detox!!!)

No comments: