Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 155 - Wednesday 6th May 2009


Well, a few days after recording my last post I suffered severe heartburn, indigestion problems along with a lower back ache. This lasted for two days before I thought that perhaps it could be the cooked food I was eating, so I went back to strictly raw again and within a day the pain dissappeared.


So what did I learn from this? A cooked meal every now and again is fine, but too frequently and it starts playing havoc with my digestion. I can't believe how different is made me feel and how quickly it upset everything internally, just by having one cooked meal a day over a period of about ten days. It wrecked me!


Saying that though, I did make a homemade vegie soup the other day.

Monday here, was a public holiday and was a really cold, windy day (I'd hate to see what winter is going to be like). I suffer terribly in the cold and just could not get warm all day, even after having a couple of hot lemon waters. I needed to warm up, so decided to make a soup (vegies only in water on the stove top for about three hours). It made a chunky veg soup that went down really well and certainly did its job of warming me.


If winter is going to be colder than normal this year, I will need something to keep me warm and if too much cooked food is going to affect me, then I might have to try vegie soups, but broths only, with the vegetables discarded after cooking so just the liquid is left. Perhaps this might digest better over longer consumption. Will give it a go anyway if I need to.


Everything else has been going along smoothly for me and other than the small hiccup I mentioned, am feeling pretty good.

No comments: