Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 365 - Tuesday 1st December 2009

Today is officially one year since I first discovered the Raw Lifestyle and made the decision to change my life for the better. There have been a few hiccups along the way, however I seem to be back on track again and looking forward to better things ahead.

Today is Day 18 of once again 100% Raw and I'm doing fine. My arthritis pain has reduced a little and things are looking good. Have dropped a couple of kilo's again, since returning to 100% raw, but feeling really good about it.

Went to a BBQ on the weekend (took my own salad) and was surprised by a comment I received from a friend who I hadn't seem in a few months. She had always said how skinny I looked and that I should put on weight, because I looked sick. Well her comment to me on this day, was that I looked a lot better and was actually looking good.

This commment surprised me quite frankly, because if anything I am now two kilo's lighter, but other than that nothing had really changed and I was still who I was a few months ago. Anyway, not use to getting comments like that from people who knew me before, I thanked her and said it had to do with balancing out my food and knowing how much you need to eat. She was happy with the response, so that suited me just fine.

One thing though that I have found since becoming RV is the amount of people that comment on how skinny I look. It use to really upset me when they'd say I'm too skinny and need to eat more. Now I just tell them that is exactly what I do and that if they are comparing me to what I use to look like, then yes I'm skinny, but this is normal and healthy and what I was before, wasn't.

I love being thin and not having to worry about putting on weight. Before raw my weight use to fluctuate up and down from 5 to 10 kilos (11-22 lbs), now the margin is more like 1-2 kilos (2.2-4.4 lbs). My weight has always been a major concern to me since my late teens, now I don't even entertain the thought.

It's so simple, when you eat raw, you just don't need to worry about your weight.

No comments: